The role of Industrial Engineer is expected to have an impact on both the Pre-Sale and Post-Sale portions of the business. The Industrial Engineer uses a combination of analytical thinking, problem solving skills, and industry experience to evaluate customer applications and design practical solutions, as well as ensure those solutions are prepared for proper execution and final installation.
Primary Duties: Pre-Sale
- Design material handling systems, specifying equipment and generating space design layouts for customer applications, using CAD software.
- Support sales staff in the field through joint calling and/or in-house assistance.
- Interact with customers to evaluate needs by reviewing their current processes and material flow.
- Conduct surveys to gather field data. Areas of focus may include process time studies, physical space measurements, equipment identification and documentation, etc.
- Perform data evaluation and analysis.
- Present to clients in formal and informal formats.
- Project Manage or assist primary Project Manager on selected projects, with focus being on schedules, field execution, budget management, customer communication, etc.
- Create Bill of Materials and/or drawing specifications for use during installation.
- Acquire quotations and place corresponding purchase orders for engineered equipment.
- Ensure systems meet all applicable company and engineering standards, polices, or details.
- Provide consulting services focused on process efficiency, space utilization, labor utilization, etc.
- Stay current on new industry developments, equipment, methodologies, etc. through industry publications, shows, and general research.
- A bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in the industrial/manufacturing or distribution fields.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to successfully lead teams and projects to achieve goals and objectives.
- Working knowledge of CAD.
- Ability to present to clients in formal/informal settings.
- Ability to travel to customer sites in U.S. (approx. 10% – 20% total travel)
Experienced Service Technician:
At PeakLogix, we help make Distribution Centers, Warehouses and Manufacturing Facilities more efficient and more profitable. PeakLogix designs and implements material handling solutions with expert experience in Design and Engineering, Eqiupment Solutions, Project Management, and Technology, Service and Support.
We are currently seeking an experience Service Technician to support conveyor, robotics, automated storage and retrieval and other warehouse equipment and systems.
Successful candidate should have:
- Mechanical aptitude
- Electrical knowledge
- Great attitude and ability to work independently
- Familiarity with hydraulics and pneumatics
- Controls troubleshooting
- Flexible schedule
- Clean driving record and background check
- High school diploma or GED
- 5 years experience preferred
Competitive salary, company vehicle, benefits package. Email resume to: email@example.com