The role of Industrial Engineer is expected to have an impact on both the Pre-Sale and Post-Sale portions of the business. The Industrial Engineer uses a combination of analytical thinking, problem solving skills, and industry experience to evaluate customer applications and design practical solutions, as well as ensure those solutions are prepared for proper execution and final installation.
Primary Duties: Pre-Sale
- Design material handling systems, specifying equipment and generating space design layouts for customer applications, using CAD software.
- Support sales staff in the field through joint calling and/or in-house assistance.
- Interact with customers to evaluate needs by reviewing their current processes and material flow.
- Conduct surveys to gather field data. Areas of focus may include process time studies, physical space measurements, equipment identification and documentation, etc.
- Perform data evaluation and analysis.
- Present to clients in formal and informal formats.
- Project Manage or assist primary Project Manager on selected projects, with focus being on schedules, field execution, budget management, customer communication, etc.
- Create Bill of Materials and/or drawing specifications for use during installation.
- Acquire quotations and place corresponding purchase orders for engineered equipment.
- Ensure systems meet all applicable company and engineering standards, polices, or details.
- Provide consulting services focused on process efficiency, space utilization, labor utilization, etc.
- Stay current on new industry developments, equipment, methodologies, etc. through industry publications, shows, and general research.
- A bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in the industrial/manufacturing or distribution fields.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to successfully lead teams and projects to achieve goals and objectives.
- Working knowledge of CAD.
- Ability to present to clients in formal/informal settings.
- Ability to travel to customer sites in U.S. (approx. 10% – 20% total travel)
Experienced Service Technician:
At PeakLogix, we help make Distribution Centers, Warehouses and Manufacturing Facilities more efficient and more profitable. PeakLogix designs and implements material handling solutions with expert experience in Design and Engineering, Eqiupment Solutions, Project Management, and Technology, Service and Support.
We are currently seeking an experience Service Technician to support conveyor, robotics, automated storage and retrieval and other warehouse equipment and systems.
Successful candidate should have:
- Mechanical aptitude
- Electrical knowledge
- Great attitude and ability to work independently
- Familiarity with hydraulics and pneumatics
- Controls troubleshooting
- Flexible schedule
- Clean driving record and background check
- High school diploma or GED
- 5 years experience preferred
Competitive salary, company vehicle, benefits package. Email resume to: email@example.com
2013 Summer Marketing Intern Position
The PeakLogix Summer Internship Position will run from the week of June 4 – August 20th and is paid at the rate of $10/hour. Students must own or have access to a video camera all relevant software and hardware devices to be considered for this position. Applications are due by May 18th.
Roles and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a highly motivated social media guru who wants to boost their resume with intern experience right away. Must be an avid social media user and enthusiastic about gaining professional experience. Must have experience with YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suites is a must, experience with WordPress a plus. Some background in marketing is necessary, with strong organizational skills, writing skills, and creative thinking preferred. The ideal candidate is an outgoing student interested in expanding their social media portfolio, particularly in the video and imaging arena.
The PeakLogix Summer Internship project includes:
- Monitoring industry and client category blogs and newsfeeds
- Developing a template and compiling a video library of relevant content
- Develop a quarterly programming schedule and descriptions
- Create animated web ads and banners
Requirements for the PeakLogix Summer Internship project include:
- Express your creativity while building your portfolio!
- Knowledge of video creation programs
- Filming skills, camera work, post-production editing, lighting, videography/recording, photography, image editing skills
- Sound editing skills
- Ability to crew and produce informational and instructional video presentations.
- Have necessary editing experience and appropriate software (i.e., Adobe Premier, Creative Suites, After Effects, etc).
- Ability to compile video materials and develop a content library and schedule for use to increase social media awareness.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills preferably with experience relating to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative and fast-paced environment and work individually as well as part of a team.
- A strong passion for developing high-quality user experiences through the development of video and other social media channels, including traditional marketing and public relations.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
Application Requirements: Candidates must submit the following:
- A brief letter or email identifying the skills and traits you would bring to the experience.
- A resume, including internship goal(s), summary of work, volunteer work experience and interests.
- A video sample.
- A short writing sample.
- Contact information for three references.
- The URLs to your Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn pages.