ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT COMPANY: RACKING PROJECT [view .PDF]
EECO wanted to consolidate branch locations into a centralized regional distribution center to avoid the expense of building new facilities or leasing additional warehouse space.
PeakLogix reconfiguration of the current Richmond warehouse will allow EECO to recoup ≈ 42% storage capacity and roll additional business volumes for Franklin, Fredericksburg, Norfolk, South Hill and Winchester branches into the existing facility.
• Increased cubic volume capacities.
• Reduced non-value added activities i.e. worker walk, search, reach time.
• Increased staging lanes.
Increased storage capacity 42% by:
- Realigning small parts shelving utilizing modular cabinets located at row ends.
- Redesigning bulk and hand-pick shelving areas.
- Adding selective pallet rack for pallet storage and cantilever racking for storage of indoor materials.
- Relocating cable cutting area.
- Creating a staging area along dock door wall.