Electrical Equipment Company
PROJECT MANAGEMENT + IMPLEMENTATION
The Electrical Equipment Company wanted to consolidate branch locations into a centralized regional distribution center to avoid the expenses associated with building new facilities or leasing additional warehouse space.
PeakLogix designed a reconfiguration of the client’s Richmond, VA warehouse to be flexible enough to include additional business volumes from five regional branches into its existing facility.
The client realized a 42% increase in storage capacity with the revised warehouse layout, increasing cubic volume capacities and stating lanes, and reducing non-value added activities such as walk, search and reach time.
- Modular cabinets located at row ends to realign small parts shelving.
- Redesigned bulk and hand-pick shelving areas.
- Added selective pallet rack for pallet storage and cantilever racking for storage of indoor materials.
- Relocated cable cutting area.
- Created a staging area along dock door wall.