PeakLogix partnered with a global equipment manufacturer to increase efficiency of fulfillment by designing and integrating a custom gravity pallet flow conveying system for various weight and capacity requirements.
Increased efficiency of fulfillment with a custom gravity pallet flow conveying system
- Installed 13 lanes of 70’ long gravity flow conveyor to feed products from receiving to manufacturing areas.
- Some incoming palletized products are transported via AGV Carts to the manufacturing destination; while some product is hand-picked from pallets at the discharge end of the system.
- Three sizes of products weighing 150 to 850 lbs. are being transported.
Custom gravity pallet flow conveying system for various weight and capacity requirements increased efficiency of fulfillment and reduced touch-points between receiving and manufacturing stations.
- Speed controllers were added to provide more resistance and slow the pallet speed.
- Added textured rollers in specific locations to better control product movement.
- Pallets are indexed at the end of the line and can be removed before releasing the next pallet.