Power Equipment Manufacturer
New Facility Design
PeakLogix implemented a Goods-to-Man parts picking and processing system featuring two pods of (4) horizontal carousels in combination with pick-to-light carton flow to maximize small part pick efficiency. This system allows the operation to “sprint” by adding resources to pick pods whenever volume increases.
The new facility accommodates over 9,000 SKU’s in parts picking areas, of which over 7,000 are stored in carousels. The small parts pick rate has increased by nearly 4.5x, growing from 50 lines per hour to 220 line per hour by moving from Pick-to-Cart to Goods-to-Man.
• Smart Display Tablet Light Trees to direct picking and putaway activities
• Efficient 24V roller conveyor system that intelligently routes open orders to the appropriate carousel pod for fulfillment
• Small parts orders are carried from induction to picking to shipping with the only touch point being pick operations
• System interfaces with the company’s host WMS
• Shelf and Pallet storage (approximately 430 bays)
• Industrial workstations and workbenches
• In-line scale
• Extendable conveyor